Sunday, February 20, 2011

The One with Yau!

Maybe I should start with something interesting.

I mean, this is the first post. It should be something memorable, and unique.

But it doesn't have to be. So I will give a horribly boring account of what this blog was, is, and will be.

Was:
The idea for "The Years of the Nobel" came to me as I was reading (and am reading still, for it is nothing if not a horribly verbose book) The Adventures of Augie March on a trip to the Chilean Patagonia. For some reason, I always get ideas for blogs when I am traveling. (Maybe because I can't actually work upon my ideas during that time.) And so, The Years of the Nobel began. Although initally it was The Year of the Nobel! But how was I supposed to read about 100 books in a year, plus keep on top of my schoolwork and social life, and remain sane? Please.

Is:
This.

Will be:
Well. I am currently reading:
  • The Hill of Evil Counsel by Amos Oz
  • The Chosen by Chaim Potok
  • The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellos (hey! a Nobel Prize)
  • Exodus by Leon Uris
  • The Life of Lazarillo de Tormes by Anonymous (that guy really has written a lot of books ;)
Of course, I am a multi-reader. (Like multi-tasker, but in a reader scenario.) Some people can't understand how I manage to read so many books at the same time, yet I can't possibly imagine not being able to. I don't see where the difficulty lays.

If you are wondering what this has to do with what this blog will be it is because one of my missions for this year is to read this baby:
(I'm in pijamas in that picture so don't judge.)

Lés Miserablés by Victor Hugo. A very, very, very tiny book. A thousand something pages.

So I decided that the day that I finish this mammoth of a novel, I will start my four year project!

And, of course, if you want to know what this project is about click on the "The Mission" tag way up there :)

Much love,
Me

(I will keep this blog anonymous for my lovely sake. Or I will make up a nickname or something. We'll see.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...