Friday, June 17, 2011

The One on My Ideal Bookshelf


Ideal Bookshelf

I got the idea for this from what I think is my favorite book blog/tumblr over at seattlebooks.tumblr.com. The author said about this idea the following:

"When I first glimpsed Jane Mount’s terrific paintings of bookshelves, it started me thinking about what books I’d place on those shelves. Part of my bookcase is devoted to books I really enjoy, but I never think too hard aboutwhy I love them, or what importance they should be assigned. So, to shamelessly steal from Jane’s idea, here is my own ideal bookshelf."


(Her blog post HERE.)

Same for me now, I guess:

My (current) favorite book - Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham
A book that changed my life - The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
A book that made me who I am - For lack of Night by Elie Wiesel I photographed The Slave by Isaac Bashevis Singer
A book that makes me cry every time - Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (although please don't believe I have read it more than once)
A book I read again and again - Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
The best book I ever read - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The book I love the most - A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz

Maybe this is all but a comprehensive list, I would put A Tale of Love and Darkness on many places up there, and so would Night. However, for the sake of variety, I didn't. 

However, it is more than true that I have read Anne of Green Gables multiple times. About once a year since I discovered it in third grade. As a matter of fact, I'm currently reading it out-loud with my sister.

If you have any questions about the titles I put in certain areas, feel free to comment. :)

1 comment:

ashley said...

Great list! I love Anne of Green Gables and Jane Eyre. I used to read L.M. Montgomery's series repeatedly as a kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...