Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The One on Oedipus Rex


(Quite a catchy tune.)

What I meant to point out with the song found above is that however popular and well-known the story of young Oedipus who, due to fate, married his mother and killed his father, this does not mean the original play will not surpirse you and touch you.

I more than recommend it, I urge you to read it. It's a wonderful masterpiece which will leave you trembling, crying, sighing, startled. And, unlike Romeo and Juliet, another classic that I reviewed a few posts below, this is NOT overrated.

Goodreads review:


Oedipus Rex (Theban Play, #2)Oedipus Rex by Sophocles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is perfectly marvelous good enough of a description?


Nobody could really understand the full extent of the power of this play until reading it themselves, so I will refrain from wasting words on praising it.


View all my reviews


see youuu

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...