Friday, July 8, 2011

The One on A Blog Hop

To keep it nice and short, I'm contributing in a Blog Hop. I love this kind of thing, especially since I'm a newcomer to the book-blogging scene.

The question that had to be answered was what was the worst book that you ever finished. I would like to give so many school related readings answers, such as Animal Farm, and the numerous cheap literature books that we were forced to read in Junior High, and which, of course, I remember no title of.

However, these I was forced to complete and therefore apparently don't count in my head.

And, thereof, the worst book I have ever finished is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, a famous so-called "modern classic" with what seemed to me like no literary technique, no plot, a shallow characterization, melodramatic conflicts and utterly depressing throughout. I applaud myself for having finished it, yet I wonder if it was worth the months that I gruelled through its last hundred pages.

Here are the other people who have contributed to the Blog Hop:


Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. New follower! I've never read Sylvia Plath but from what I know of her, I imagine I wouldn't like The Bell Jar.
My Hop

Nicki J Markus said...

Hi, I'm a new follower from the hops!
I've not read The Bell Jar yet - it's one I've been undecided about for a while.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...