Thursday, July 14, 2011

The One on Internet Finds

Tommorow I will give you blog readers something more decently book-related, my progress on the two ones I'm currently working on; Lés Miserablés and The Feast of the Goat, both of whom I am about halfway through.

Today, however, is a much jollier day.

Today, I give you, my internet finds:

Beautiful poem:


Some poems are not meant for the page.
They are meant for cups and bowls.
They are meant to be poured out
onto the floor or dashed off the bedside table
by rampant elbows.
They are made for splattering,
for long rivulets dripping down the walls
like watercolors or alcohols
or to be drunk, to get drunk upon
and stumble, tipsy and blurry-eyed,
slurring out through the lips
and encouraging bad decisions.
They are poems meant to taste
like paint: pigmented and thick,
or watery and barely-staining,
but poems that recolor you
from the inside out, just the same.
They are poems like slurry and mud, meant
to hold footprints, meant to be tracked through
and ruin your mother’s just-cleaned linoleum,
poems that can be followed by

those who come in your wake.he sound of wind

rustling through the leaves
and a few voyeuristic
finches peep

by Gabriel Gadfly found hERE.



Cool quotes and prints HERE.

When you find a man
Who transforms
Every part of you
Into poetry,
Who makes each one of your hairs
Into a poem,
When you find a man,
Capable,
As I am
Of bathing and adorning you
With poetry,
I will beg you
To follow him without hesitation,
It is not important
That you belong to me or him
But that you belong to poetry.
Translation by Bassam K. Frangieh
and Clementina R. Brown

Another poem HERE.

Thank you StumbleUpon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...