Thursday, July 7, 2011

The One on Reading Marathon Post #1

That's the problem with titling my blog posts "The One..." (like on Friends, right?) is that they end up being a complete failure of my creativity. But it's the content that counts after all, I guess...


My nighttstand.
Obviously, I won't find trouble finding books to read today.
I'm of the type of reader that reads multiple books at once instead of focusing on just one, and this ends up with repercussions such as having about 4 books that have taken me many months to complete.

However, as of now, it's 6 AM and the reason I'm blogging at this hour of the day is due to my swollen chipmunk face. In other words, I had a tooth pulled out yesterday, and while to you, reader, that might seem like just a tooth, to me it's the end of the world, especially for vanity's sake. Although it hurts quite a bit too. Last time I had teeth pulled out I went to school but thankfully my school let out for vacations this week. Boo-yah. 


Anyhow, it wasn't like I scheduled the reading marathon today on top of nothing. I won't be able to do much today (or tommorow, by the way), so I'm aiming to get in at least 12 hours of reading.

However, a convalescent, I can't promise...

I'm kidding.

Anyways, I will mostly be focusing on Lés Miserablés and The Feast of the Goat by Vargas Llosa, however, hopefully I'll get in some Exodus and The Promise by Chaim Potok. (The Promise is neither a boring nor a bad book, however, it's taken me about two years to finish. It's my "when I have nothing else to read" book.)

BY THE WAY, yesterday I received a call that I had one a book for sumitting something to something. (I can't even remember what.) That's cool because a) I have never won anything and b)a book! And it's a poetry book so fashizzles I'm reading it.

Anyways, page numbers as of 6 AM:

  • 165 on Lés Miserablés
  • 0 on The Feast of the Goat
  • 210 on Exodus
  • 265 on The Promise
  • 93 on The Hill of Evil Counsil by Amos Oz

Check on in later today, I will hopefully post again by lunch time. ("Lunch time"=some youghurt, some Haagen Dasz.)

Luv,
Anne

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...