Monday, July 4, 2011

The One on Reading Music



When I speak of "Reading Music" I am not referring to having the ability to differentiate a B from an E in sheet music, but rather, of the ability to concentrate on the words and ideas of the book on your lap rather than on the tunes and beat.
Because in today's modern world, where one finds time to read in places such as planes, buses and trains, where there are many distractors, one must find a way to concentrate optimally on what one is reading. (I, myself, am a horrible plane-time reader. On my last plane ride to Peru, I must have read a total of 5 or 10 pages.)

What's difficult about this is that music as well as literature affect our feelings and emotions. So it's more annoying than funny when you're reading about someone dying and hearing about what a wonderful world it is.

So I created a playlist in the website that is man's best invention, 8 tracks. Hope you like it. :)

Cheers! And although I live in a whole other hemisphere, Happy Independance Day to all my readers from the U.S. of A!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...