Thursday, August 18, 2011

The One on La Vide et Dolce

A picture because the post doesn't exist without one.


Finally I have an excuse for being such a sorry case of a blogger. I have a story to tell.

You see, when I was younger, my family and I lived for a couple of years in the northern hemisphere. When moving back to the southern hemisphere, to make the adjustment run smoother, I was placed into an international school, which formed me and made me a great part of who I am today. However, as time passed, our family grew to realize more and more that this school was not what we wanted in terms of academics and socially, because it was so out of context with the rest of what is, after all, our beautiful country. And the idea brewed for a while, and finally came to realization a few weeks ago.

I changed schools.

If my readers wanted to, I could share more about my experience, but right now, all I want to share is that I'm happy. The transition was smooth, I've made new friends, I love the new uniform, the teachers are nice, the environment is perfect. I can feel myself growing to love my new school as if it had been my school throughout my whole life.

I would greatly aprecciate comments sharing stories about people you know or even yourself if you have gone through a similar transition, because it is after all a very important thing in my life right now, and I love feeling supported. And that goes for my internet friends too. :)

Love,
Anne

P.S. I finished The Feast of the Goat! Just no time to post about it yet... new school, remember? Hopefully, after this I will return to my normal blogging schedule, though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...