Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The One on Reeds in the Wind




Reeds in the WindReeds in the Wind by Grazia Deledda
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am incapable of finishing this book, even if I only have thirty pages of so to go. It's not that this book is so horribly bad, as a matter of fact, I am positive that some people might enjoy it. However, it's not the book for me. I was bored throughout it, I had to force myself to open it, etcetera. There is no reason for my lack of conclusion of this book other than my lack of interest for it and the feeling that life should not be wasted on unpleasant books.


I'm slightly dissapointed in Grasia Deledda.


View all my reviews


To prove that I'm not just rating all those Nobel laureates five stars just because they were awarded that thing! As a matter of fact, Grasia Deledda was a pretty decent author, I think that in Italian her work must have real merit, however, the transalot made the language seem rather primitive. Also, the plot wasn't actually boring, but it wasn't capable of interesting me in the story.

So, no more Grasia Deledda for me.

Yours,
Anne

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...