Thursday, November 3, 2011

The One on Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck





Of Mice and MenOf Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like most great books, it gets better the second time you read.


And since you already know many of the crazy metaphors and such, re-reading them is an adventure.


View all my reviews


Since this was my second time reading this book, I can't count it for the project. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it, once again. The thing is I want to read The Grapes of Wrath, so I'm leaving that book to complete John Steinbeck.
What's particular about Of Mice and Men is that its narrator is third person, yet not omniscient. Steinbeck supposedly did it this way because the story was intended to be portrayed as a dramatic work too, so a partial knowledge narrator (I can't remember what they're called in English!) was the best way to achieve this duality.

Anyways, I leave you with the following song, wishing you a merry weekend!



P.S. It's my birthday on Wednesday. Just saying...
(CHECK IN AND WISH ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIT-HES!!!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...