Saturday, December 3, 2011

The One on Book Shopping



A few posts back, I mentioned how, as part of my birthday present, I go book-shopping with my grandmother. It's a tradition of ours.

Done and done!

Books I bought:

  • Blindness by José Saramago
  • Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder
  • The Radetsky March by Joseph Roth
I love book-buying for myself, because it means that my personal library is growing. Normally, I loan books from the library, download free e-books on the Kindle, or simply borrow books from my parents, uncles and aunts, or grandparents. (Doctor Faustus, for example, I found in my dad's library.)

Even if I really do have nowhere to put them.

Why do you love to shop for books?
Anne

1 comment:

tasha faye said...

this sounds like the most perfect birthday present! :) and happy belated birthday to you, lovely. i hope you enjoy reading these books (though no doubt that you will). i love to shop for books simply because i am enthralled by the world within the book, waiting be discovered. also because my dad usually buys them for me so i don't have to spend any money hehe. :) another reason is that i love, love the smell of a bookstore. for the nerdy side of me, it sets my heart racing. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...