Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The One with Dorothy Parker Obsession

I am currently undergoing an obsession of mild characteristics with Dorothy Parker.

Just read the following:

“The cure for boredom is curiosity. 
There is no cure for curiosity.” 
 Dorothy Parker

“Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.” 
 Dorothy Parker

“The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue.” 
 Dorothy Parker

“If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.” 
 Dorothy Parker

“This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.” 
 Dorothy Parker

“Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common.” 
 Dorothy Parker

She's the epitome of cool. It's a must on my California to-do list to buy a collection of her stories or of her poetry. I proclaim her my new girl crush.

(Quotes from Goodreads.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...